Indigestion affecting my sleep

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
RaymanSpyro

by RaymanSpyro on Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:42 pm

Indigestion affecting my sleep

Hello all,

I've always had a very sensitive digestive system. For years, I've followed a careful diet - limited red meat, plenty of fish, vegetables and fruit. Now and again I have a bit of chocolate, cake and stuff like that.
Not often.

For about a year, I've been waking up really early in the morning with belching and indigestion. Sometimes I get back to sleep again, but sometimes I don't. Blood tests and routine checks haven't revealed anything worrying, but it's really disturbing me.

Things like pastry and cake seem to have an extra impact - anything flour based. But they aren't the only things that do it.

Digestion is generally fine during the day. It's just at night that there's a problem. Usually at the same time - about 5:30ish.

I wonder if people have got any advice?

Thanks all.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:38 am

Re: Indigestion affecting my sleep

Hi RaymanSpyro

Thank you for your post. Please have a look at our free support programme, myIBS, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/ibs.php which is written by leading medical experts from County Durham and Darlington NHS Trust, myIBS provides 12 weeks of dedicated information, sent to you by email in bite-size chunks.

It may also be worth a visit to your doctor just for a general check there may be something he can prescribe to help with the symptoms.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

katebrownell

by katebrownell on Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:19 pm

Take your dinner before 2 hours you go to bed. And take light and small amount of foods in your dinner plate.

Phoenix26

by Phoenix26 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:25 am

Maybe you have some food intolerances ? I suggest you to have related exams done...

scilover

by scilover on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:18 am

Maybe you can try to eat small meals so your stomach doesn't have to work as hard or as long. And eat slowly. Most important is to make sure to avoid late-night eating.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:50 pm

It could be a reaction to dairy. See the doctor, and try different insights from different doctors. There are medicines you can drink that cure this issue. Try indigestion relief medicines.

6 posts