Chronic fissure and hemorrhoids, help

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

9 posts
merefiss212

by merefiss212 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:19 am

Chronic fissure and hemorrhoids, help

If anyone out there has the same issues as me or has any solutions, please respond. I’m desperate. 27 year old female here, started off with hemorrhoids about 8 months ago that within 4 months became a fissure, and has just essentially not gotten better. I’ve seen a doctor finally and she essentially just recommended what I’m already doing. She tells me I can never have too much fiber. I take fiber powder 3x a day, fiber gummies, consume it overly in my diet. The recommended dose of daily fiber is 25-30 grams. I probably at upwards of 40. It gives me diarrhea. Which makes my hemorrhoids flare up. And therefore the fissure. It’s stressful. I take daily baths with salts at least once sometimes 2 a day. I would take more because it helps the butt but it dries my skin. I have been prescribed nifedipine with lidocaine ointment...works as long as I don’t have another BM. Which happens 3-4 daily with all this fiber. I’m at a loss. Doc doesn’t want to do any surgical options on me as that can cause incompetence. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also I am dairy free if that is a question of anyone

RUTHIEUK

by RUTHIEUK on Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: Chronic fissure and hemorrhoids, help

can you get a balance so no diarrohea & too much bathing is not good. I use nappy cream after soft BM and as a last resort proctosydal ....steroid cream for a weak.
Has your GP taken a swab to check cor fungal issues?
Good luck
RVF

katebrownell

by katebrownell on Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:18 pm

Don't take the fibre powder the, if it is making so trouble. Just believe in natural fibre riched foods, eat lentils, drink a lot of water, try to avoid no-veg foods ( as they are less in fibre).

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:26 pm

All the best, I am sure there is a solution to your issue, explore options with your doctor. Eat healthy, and try other vitamins, intake. Perhaps if you give blood often it will help with the haemorrhoids.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:42 pm

Diarrhea would make it worst, maybe you should stop taking the powder fiber or lessen it like once a day instead of 3

SpartaMe

by SpartaMe on Sun May 08, 2022 9:57 pm

Prycejosh1987 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:26 pm
All the best, I am sure there is a solution to your issue, explore options with your doctor. Eat healthy, and try other vitamins, intake. Perhaps if you give blood often it will help with the haemorrhoids.
Thank you, you helped a lot.

Rickyhom

by Rickyhom on Fri May 20, 2022 12:03 am

From what I can see you have named your complaints but have not stated your symptoms!! e.g. itch, blood with stool , pain on passing stool . Give those and I may be able to come up with what helps me with both those conditions!!
Last edited by Rickyhom on Fri May 20, 2022 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:43 am

Hemorrhoids are presumed to be caused by repeated pressure in the anal and rectal veins. Anal fissures are caused by trauma to the anal canal usually during bowel movements. Anal fissures are also sometimes caused by inflammatory bowel disease or infection.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:01 am

Hemorrhoids and anal fissures can occur separately or together. Because they both cause similar symptoms, they are often confused by sufferers who try to self-diagnose their conditions.

9 posts