Small bowel issue

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
jessappleton

by jessappleton on Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:11 pm

Small bowel issue

I have an ileostomy (stoma) due to having my large bowel removed due to ulcerative colitis. I then had a j pouch created so I didn’t need to wear a bag for life, yet this was removed last November due to how it didn’t work as it should of and I now have a permanent stoma. The output isn’t very consistent at all at the moment it’s like food gets a little stuck. No idea why this happens it just does, also at the moment Im on antibiotics for a bladder infection and they seem to really slow down the output more. It’s a nightmare as I don’t know what to eat since and if I do have an infection what are the antibiotics gonna do to me, as my bowel seems to not like them. The GP said it would make my ileostomy work but it does the opposite. I don't know if it’s due to scar tissue or I do have a bit of a kink in the bowel or of any other organ presses on it. Just need a little advice on what I should do? Thank you.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:59 am

Re: Small bowel issue

Hi jessappleton,

Thank you for posting on the forum, we hope that you will receive some replies soon to your question from our other members who may have experienced something similar to you.

Unfortunately we are unable to give out specific medical advice, but although a little way off, you may also want to re-post your question at our online bowel clinic 13th -24th April. Please click on the link below for more information:

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... s_2020.php

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:12 pm

I think you have an prostate issue.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:00 am

Issues with the small digestive system can cause uneasiness as well as wholesome issues, and this can influence the remainder of the body. Illnesses and conditions that can influence the small digestive tract incorporate Crohn's infection, celiac sickness, little gastrointestinal bacterial excess (SIBO), and touchy entrail disorder (IBS

4 posts