Loose morning stools

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
mermaid2007

by mermaid2007 on Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:59 pm

Loose morning stools

Hi, just looking for a bit of reassurance and advice I guess.

I’m 42 years of age. Up until a few months ago my bowel movements were always a bit irregular, I could never tell you when I would go, times of the day would differ and sometimes I would miss a day etc.

Since September I now wake every morning and have to empty my bowels. Stools are nearly always loose but semi formed. Sometimes they appear to be mucusy. I have to say that the mucus is not visible I.e on the stool but I feel that it’s mixed with the stool but not always. I only usually go the once sometimes twice but it will all be with in 30 mins of waking. My stools always float, but from what I remember they always have so this is normal for me.

I have no pain and there has been no visible blood.

I’ve had blood tests which are normal and a scan which showed polyps on gallbladder and cysts on liver however was told that these are nothing to worry about and will be monitored yearly.

The stools are really worrying me, would this be classed as a significant change of bowel habit?

I have to add that I have been extremely anxious due to this at times however there have been spells where my anxiety is calm and yet my bowels are still the same.

Can anyone help or offer advice please.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:36 am

Re: Loose morning stools

Hi mermaid2007,

Thank you for posting on the forum and sorry to see that you have not had a reply to your request for advice.

Unfortunately we are unable to advise you regarding specific medical conditions or make any diagnoses on the forum. We recommend visiting your GP who will be able to confirm whether your bowel movements are a cause for concern and give you peace of mind.

Although a little way off, if the symptoms continue even after visiting a GP, then you might want to post your question on our bowel issues/IBS clinic when it opens in April. Please click on link below to find out more:

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... s_2020.php

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

agata7ar

by agata7ar on Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi,

I have IBS and I found out that the best help is taking probiotics everyday. It will really help you.

IBS symptoms have been linked to certain changes in the gut flora. For example, people with IBS have lower amounts of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium in their guts, and higher levels of harmful Streptococcus, E. coli and Clostridium

Additionally, up to 84% of IBS patients experience bacterial overgrowth in their small intestines, which can lead to many of their symptoms

However, whether this change is a cause or result of IBS is uncertain. Also, certain medications used to treat symptoms of IBS can damage the healthy bacteria living in the gut

Changes in the gut flora may influence IBS symptoms by increasing inflammation, increasing sensitivity to gas in the intestine, reducing immune function and changing digestive motility

Probiotics have been proposed to improve symptoms by:

Inhibiting the growth of disease-causing bacteria
Enhancing the immune system’s barrier functions
Helping fight inflammation
Slowing down bowel movements
Reducing gas production by balancing the gut flora
Reducing the gut’s sensitivity to gas buildup

Loissara2008

by Loissara2008 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:26 pm

Hi all,

I’m new to this but can relate to the above post (mermaid2007) I have been having the same issues, I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago and to be honest I’ve been fine! Little by little certain foods would irritate my stomach and I belch a lot. It’s now got to the point where my stomach feels twisted I have Diarrhea majority of the time and just feel something is not right. Doctors have put it down to ibs as I’ve been anxious but it’s a vicious circle because you know your own body and what’s off so the googling begins to try help find out why I feel the way I do and everything turns out to be cancer and the stress of it all is I’m sure making it worse.

I’m curious to know if you got it sorted out :)

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:55 pm

This is something natural. Its natural for stools to want to be released at different times of the day. It could be what you eat in particular. Its also natural for stools to look different, again it depends on what you eat. It also could depend on rest and times in between releasing the stools. Its like the day itself, everyday is different. If problem persists then talk to your GP.

5 posts