Bowel Issue - Not Sure

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
BillboJones

by BillboJones on Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:07 am

Bowel Issue - Not Sure

Hi Guys, first post.

I know ultimately I'll have to be seen again but under the current restrictions I'm willing to wait it out another month or so, just looking to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

I've had a bowel issue since approximately the end of January. Basically, when it's full or filling, I have a feeling of mild irritation. After I expel I feel discomfort for several hours, sometimes it can be relieved with a hot bath. The other symptoms that presents are on the occasional instance it will feel like I'm sitting on something, and this morning after going to the toilet there's a mild burning sensation, not too intrusive but enough to notice. There's a noticable amount of mucous upon wiping too.

I've been to my GP, fully expecting her to diagnose a hemorrhoid, she performed a rectal exam and couldn't see anything untoward. I was prescribed topical cream and told to come back if it didn't improve. I thought it improved in the interim but then there'd be days where I'd feel discomfort again, then this week it feels pretty bad.

There's been no abdominal pain or blood in my stools so that's given me comfort, but has anyone experienced anything like the above? Could it be a fissure?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:51 am

Re: Bowel Issue - Not Sure

Hi BillboJones,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear of your bowel symptoms. We currently have an online bowel clinic which is finishing on the 24th of April. I will re-post your question to the clinic where an expert will be able to help you. Check back periodically to view their answer. I will email you the link to your question.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:04 pm

Re: Bowel Issue - Not Sure

Try heart burn tablets or indigestion medicine. You could try cod liver oil.

3 posts