IBS limiting my life

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
MissEmma1994

by MissEmma1994 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:31 pm

IBS limiting my life

Hi all,

I’m new to this site, so please bear with me!

I’m a 25 year old woman who has had IBS for years, on and off.
It used to be mainly caused my stress and would be isolated occurrences, however it is now becoming far more frequent, with little warning or reason.

I’ve had about 6 flare ups in 6 week and my current one (which I’m facing as I write this) is my worst in months. I can’t keep any food in and have used the bathroom multiple times an hour for the past 2 days.
It’s not calming down, if anything is getting worse, and as I’m due back at work on Wednesday, I’m very concerned. I’m a teacher, so if I need to use the bathroom, I don’t have the chance to do so freely.

I have tried various medications from my doctor however none seem to help, other than Imodium, which helps temporarily only.

Any advice at all on coping mechanisms, diet or particularly medications that work would be much appreciated!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:36 am

Re: IBS limiting my life

Hi MissEmma1994,

A warm welcome to you from all of us here at talkhealth! :)

Thank you for posting on the forum and sorry to hear about your IBS related symptoms. Have you seen our free IBS support programme? Here you will find all you need to about how to manage IBS. Please find it here: https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/support/ibs and you can then sign up from that page.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Re: IBS limiting my life

I think it could be considered normal, it really depends. I go to the toilet a lot more than i did when i was younger. Some drinks cause us to go the toilet more. Alcohol can make things worse. Water is good but drinking a lot of water can make things worse. I would try drinking less. Stay away from lots of hot drinks. Evaluate after doing this and see where it takes you.

3 posts