It’s been a 10 plus years struggle ..

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Susan1112

by Susan1112 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:59 am

It’s been a 10 plus years struggle ..

Hi all ! I come here with a sense of hopelessness and frustration. The rest of this is TMI if you want to skip. I have been dealing with gut issues for so long. 10 plus years ago I went to the doctor cuz my gas and stool both were foul smelly ... like really foul and smelly. My stool was two colors: normal brown and dark brown. These things combine I was embarrassed and didn’t have any sleepovers or spent a night out anywhere. I dreaded it and it started messing with my brain. I had everything done. Stool tests and colonoscopy. All they found was a mild hernia. I also had stomach aches above my belly. Fast fwd to now. I am dating someone I am serious with and I can’t even spend the night at his place cuz of the awful odor. Wether it’s going to the bathroom or just gas. And I don’t get normal gas ... it’s a lot of it . I feel bloated. I now have diarrhea. I have constipation. I have gained weight. My stool is still the same color ( half normal brown and half dark brown and lots of odor). I went to the GI as I want to move in with him and it’s time to start getting serious about what’s wrong and getting to the root cause. Gi doctor had a X-ray done in my lower abdomen and turned out she saw an excessive amount of stool in my intestine even tho I have diarrhea and go sometimes 3-4 times a day. She put me on laxative to clear it out and have peppermint oil. Nothing changed the symptoms. She then had me get a sibo test done. I was positive for high hydrogen and a little bit of methane as well. The antibiotic course of two weeks didn’t do anything . Now I am having an endoscopy done and I’m really scared. I have also gained a lot of weight in my belly area. I am just thinking of the worst and hoping someone out there might have had the same symptoms as me and can tell me that everything will be alright 😪. What does this sound like to you guys ? I’m really nervous and have to wait a month to get any answers ..

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:40 pm

Re: It’s been a 10 plus years struggle ..

I am sure the doctor can help you. I think it has to do with your digestive system, and the fluids that digest the foods. If you stools are foul and smelly, it usually happens when you eat lots of fatty foods. The digestive system works harder with the more calories we intake. When we eat healthier foods, stools are not so strong and smelly. I could be wrong. I wish you all the best.

2 posts