Tiny degree of bowel incontinence

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
TallPoppy7

by TallPoppy7 on Thu May 22, 2014 2:25 pm

Tiny degree of bowel incontinence

Hi everyone

I am new here. I am 52 and have just been diagnosed with bipolar spectrum disorder. I have however, had a problem for a number of years with spotting from the bowel. If I am passing wind or about to pass a bowel movement sometimes a clear, odorless liquid leaks out. The quantity is very small, but enough to go through my clothes. I have therefore begun to wear lightweight Tena incontinence pants for confidence when out and about.

I had a referral to a continence advisory service but only went once. My mental health problems are severe which make it difficult to attend to the bowel issue. My GP knows about it, as does my Community Psychiatric Nurse (and my very understanding husband). When I am in a bipolar episode, I have terrible depression and anxiety, and the whole bowel business just gets on top of me!

I wonder if perhaps it is just best to use the pants and get on with life! Any comments welcome.

Warmest wishes to all here.

TallPoppy7

2 posts