MS and bowel difficulties

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
bouncy321

by bouncy321 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:13 am

MS and bowel difficulties

I am at the end of my tether whee I can no longer shop unless there is a toilet there, cannot stay out anywhere for fear of soiling the bed and use various aids to try and stop the problem but find the healthcare professionals that I have had contact with have not seen the serious degrading position I find myself in. I am 54 yrs of age and dont know where to turn to anymore.

saintbernard

by saintbernard on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: MS and bowel difficulties

Hi bouncy. I am also 54 (F) with bowel problems (not due to MS but multiple resections and resultant short bowel) so know how you are feeling. On a practical note you can get a 'just can't wait!' Card from the bowel and bladder foundation which requests quick access to toilets. also contacting a Continence Adviser can be really useful for a review to see if there are any specific aids or Meds that may help you but also for superb moral support and understanding.
Hope you are doing ok....drop me line :)

SarahTaylor

by SarahTaylor on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: MS and bowel difficulties

I have developed the same problem. Suddenly found something popping out. Scared stiff. GP not helpful. Don't have MS but do have symptoms of MS. Getting pads and disposable panties. Continence nurse's suggestion.

Link didn't lead me to anything useful.

4 posts