Please help

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
homemaker498

by homemaker498 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:42 am

Please help

For the past year and a half I have been having a lot of stomach trouble. It started with what I thought was constipation. I would go but very little every three or four days. I started having spells of getting severe cramps in the right side of my stomach from my gallbladder to my appendix. The doctors would say that I was very backed up. I would do a cleanse then again same thing. The new problem that I have had for the last six or eight months is not being able to go even when I have the diarrhea. No matter the position etc nothing wants to happen, I really have to strain. I just had a colonoscopy which checked out fine. I have changed my diet to a high veggie and fruits, lean protein, getting plenty of fiber and water..no change. I have noticed that I am a clencher. I stay tense all the time in my thighs and back. Please help give me some ideas. I did pull up MS but that's all I found in my search.

KarenJones

by KarenJones on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Re: Please help

Hello and welcome to our talkincontinence forum.

We are sorry to hear about your problems and hope that some of our members will be able to offer some suggestions to you.

If you haven't already been in touch with the Bladder & Bowel Foundation it may be worth contacting them for advice - http://www.bladderandbowelfoundation.org/
Karen Jones
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

saintbernard

by saintbernard on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Please help

Hi homemaker. Don't give up on persistence with Doctors. It can be very difficult to find the answers and reasons for constipation so when each common problem is ruled out don't just think it is over, it may be less common. How long are you constipated for? Does it coincide with periods?
I had very severe constipation for long periods that I kept being given castor oil for. A colonoscopy couldn't be performed since it couldn't pass and they still didn't recognise that I was obstructed.
If you are not confident about the outcome, go back again.
In the meantime Lactulose is really good at keeping stools soft so that they pass more easily. Get it from pharmacy counter.

3 posts