Constant urge to empty Bowel

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
Lisa brownsdon

by Lisa brownsdon on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:38 am

Constant urge to empty Bowel

For about a month I have had loose stools, on occasion they are almost runny like diarrhoea. I go first thing in the morning and within an hour I need to go again, I have nearly not made it into work on time. I am unable to hold it in because it is so loose. Whilst at work I feel the urge to go and can go up to 3 or 4 times before I go home. It is not normally bad in the evenings, however whilst out with a friend last night I had to go 3 to the toilet and release my bowels 3 times in the space of 45 minutes, and again when I got home about an hour later. That's a total of 8 movement in one day. I was surprised there was anything left.
I am looking for advice to get an idea of what could possibly be wrong before I go to the GP. I have so many other health issues that I am able to manage, this one has me stumped as I do not understand why it is happening. My diet or eating & drinking habits have not changed, I have no new medications. I don't feel like I have a fever, I have only had stomach pains since last night.

Any guidance advise would be appreciated.