Wetness and itching

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Stephen198

by Stephen198 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Wetness and itching

Hi all,

I have been suffering from a feeling of wetness around the anal area for about a year now. This makes the area quite sore and wiping is sometimes painful. I have also noticed a loss of sensation when wiping. There is also a lot of itching as well. I find that the wetness usually starts a few hours after a bowel movement. The GP prescribed Laxido to make bowel movements easier. The GP also prescribed Timodine for the itching but this seems to make the itching worse. The GP referred me to a surgeon. He arranged a flexible sigmoidoscopy which came back clear. It's really frustrating that I still have this problem and I'm not sure what to do next.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Re: Wetness and itching

Really sorry to hear things have not improved for you.

Perhaps you need to go back to your GP and find out if there are any other options. Maybe see a different GP or one that has a special interest in bowel conditions.

Please do let the community know how you get on.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts