Pain Clinic Failure

Post your questions about pain management for our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
MGoody79

by MGoody79 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Pain Clinic Failure

I was put forward for the pain management programme through my local hospital and after the assessment it was agreed that i wasn't physically able to attend it so i was put through a series of appointments under the O.T. connected to the pain clinic of which i was released from last week as there is nothing more they can do. I found the whole experience a complete waste of time and un helpful. So now i am being sent back to the pain clinic to see what else they can do. My question is is there other ways of getting help in managing chronic pain other than through that part of the hospital as i am on a incredible amount of pain relief tablets and yet finding it very hard to do simple things throughout the day and living on my own i have no support to help me. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

wendygreen

by wendygreen on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Re: Pain Clinic Failure

Hi,

From my own personal experience the best way of dealing with chronic pain is through targeted, gentle exercises as advised by a physiotherapist. Exercise not only helps to ease pain and stiffness, it also improves mobility and range of movement, so it will make it easier for you to perform everyday tasks. It also helps with weight management and boosts your mood. I'd recommend asking your GP for a referral.

I hope this helps.

Wendy
Wendy Green
Health Expert & Author - BSc (Hons) Health Studies
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _green.php

2 posts