Is this the start of arthritis?

Do you have a question related to an arthritis condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with spondylitis, spondylosis, rheumatica, polymyalgia, fibromyalgia or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:34 am

Is this the start of arthritis?

On behalf of our guest visitor, Esther:
I always get really hot finger tips when I type and I don’t know why this is. It feels like they are burning. Is this the start of arthritis in my hands? I do a lot of typing for my work.
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Sandeep Bawa

by Dr Sandeep Bawa on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:59 pm

Re: Is this the start of arthritis?

Hi,

inflammatory arthritis presents with symptoms of joint swelling. joint pain, and early morning stiffness.

What you are describing does not seem to fit this but if you are concerned discuss it with your GP even if it is just for reassurance.

Hope this helps

Dr Bawa
Dr Sandeep Bawa
Consultant Rheumatologist - MBChB, MRCP, MSc (Sports Exercise Medicine)
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... p_bawa.php

wendygreen

by wendygreen on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: Is this the start of arthritis?

Hi,

This could well be the start of carpal tunnel syndrome, which is a type of repetitive strain injury. It would be worth seeing your GP for a diagnosis and advice.

Also, it's worth asking your employer to carry out an assessment of your workspace ergonomics, as they are responsible for making sure your working environment is adapted to suit your needs and reduce the risk of occupational health issues.

I hope this helps.

Wendy
Wendy Green
Health Expert & Author - BSc (Hons) Health Studies
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _green.php

3 posts