Sun Cream: When is it important to use it?

Got something to share about the results from our recent sun awareness survey? This is where to get involved in the discussions. Read all about the survey results here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/fr ... reness.php

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

6 posts
talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Sun Cream: When is it important to use it?

The sun awareness survey results revealed that although 86% of people used sun cream, 54% only used it when it was sunny.

How important do you think it is to apply sun cream religiously?
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Tracey Belcher

by Tracey Belcher on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: Sun Cream: When is it important to use it?

I will confess that I am guilty of not applying cream when I should of done. I love sailing and water sports which is arguably one of the worst places for getting sunburnt. When you are sailing and do not see bright sunshine and the breeze is cool it is so easy to forget that you actually need to apply any! I have decided to incorporate some protection in my daily moisturising. This will be habit then all year round and at least afford a little protection at times of absent mindedness

luanda111

by luanda111 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:26 pm

I think it depends on your skin type how often you should apply sun cream. I use it only on beach holidays but I reapply every 2 hours. My skin does not burn easily so I am ok with it.

shoometti72

by shoometti72 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:33 pm

I have now ruined my skin by not always applying sun cream in the past. I now have pigmentation all over my chest, face, neck and now starting on the top of my back and arms. I now apply spf50 and limit my time in the sun.

destinycandy

by destinycandy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:57 pm

People are very unaware the damage sun does to them. Children need to have it drummed in at an early age. It needs to become a daily routine of applying sun protection as we do brushing teeth or brushing hair.

lildan52

by lildan52 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:57 pm

In the UK I only tend to apply suncream when it is actually sunny but when abroad I apply it first thing in the morning as I assume it will be sunny at some time. But I always wear sunglasses both home and away.

6 posts