vitamin D and Sun

Got something to share about the results from our recent sun awareness survey? This is where to get involved in the discussions. Read all about the survey results here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/fr ... reness.php

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

4 posts
loopyloo

by loopyloo on Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:07 pm

vitamin D and Sun

After the news that so many of the population are vitamin D deficient I think you have to balance the
sun v cover I always have covered when the sun is highest and then let my skin breathe late in the afternoon.

fipowell2

by fipowell2 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:58 pm

Re: vitamin D and Sun

I live with SLE. As such I am hugely sun sensitive and have to avoid sun exposure at all times (due to immediate skin rash reaction). This inability to be in direct or indirect sunshine necessitates the use of high dose Vit d for me.

lildan52

by lildan52 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:01 pm

During the summer I am out and about enough during the day to get enough Vit D from the sun but in the winter unless I am holidaying abroad I will sometimes take a Vit D supplement as if it is cold I rarely venture outside.

Bunny121

by Bunny121 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:11 pm

I just wanted to say how interesting the results of the survey were. Not only were the individual statistics very interesting, but I also thought that it was a great idea to include personal comments from several participants, which gave an excellent insight into how people feel and the different reactions experienced

4 posts