My Daughters excema, need help

Read the questions about children's skin conditions and answers from the BSF experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
angelmate77477

by angelmate77477 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:26 am

My Daughters excema, need help

I have been seeing doctors over the last seven years, my daughter Jasmines who is eight years old suffers badly my eczema its in all areas even on her scalp she has tried so many creams and steroids and even cetirizine in the summer months, we find her skin most of the time is like sand paper and her sensitive to things is terrible so she cant use oilatium and anything with parfin in it.
We been told by epilepsy charity that this can be a common side effect too from her medication which could be reason its got worse over last few years really hate seeing her upset by her skin and waking in the night really could do with some more tips and help as what you suggest I do next, she is on hydromal ointment, and steroid cream and aveeno when its mild which is becoming less of a luxury for her now.

Dr Emma Wedgeworth

by Dr Emma Wedgeworth on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Re: My Daughters excema, need help

I'm so sorry to hear your daughter is suffering.

I would advise a referral to a dermatologist. You want to make sure that the anti epilepsy medicine isn't making things worse.

It sounds like you may need to up the strength of the steroid for just a short period of time to get the condition under control. You can discuss how to do this safely with an experienced GP or a dermatologist.

Eczema is manageable, so do seek further medical advice.
Dr Emma Wedgeworth
Consultant Dermatologist & BSF spokesperson

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... eworth.php

2 posts