British Skin Foundation

Tiny sore white bumps corner of mouth

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
dan21075

by dan21075 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:38 pm

Tiny sore white bumps corner of mouth

Please can anyone help? I've had tiny sore white bumps at the corner of my mouth for 8 months. The condition also produces wrinkes between the clusters of bumps. I'm concerned that I'll never be able to kiss anyone again as my mouth is physically repulsive and might be contagious.

I've seen three doctors, who've suggested angular chelitis and herpes simplex however it doesn't look like the pictures of these things online and ultimately the doctors weren't sure what caused it. None of the antifungal, antibacterial or antiviral creams they prescribed have helped. They've run out of creams to prescribe. Full blood tests came back normal.

I've also tried almond oil, cleaning up my diet, reducing sugar and carb intake, coconut oil, vaseline, listerine original, hydrogen peroxide, manuka honey, lemon, cucumber, B vitamins and tea tree cream.

The affected area remains hidden from view unless I open my mouth because of the way my mouth folds. I'm aware this is a contributing factor but I still want to know if it can be treated nonsurgically. All thoughts welcome!

Dan

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Tiny sore white bumps corner of mouth

Hi Dan

Thank you for your post and the photos. At the beginning of September we will be running an online clinic on skin conditions, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... s_2019.php, please have a look, our experts may be able to offer some answers.

In the meantime try going back to your GP or maybe a local pharmacy or herbalist like Holland and Barratt who may be able to recommend something.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

dan21075

by dan21075 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Thank you. I will check out the online clinic.

dan21075

by dan21075 on Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:27 pm

I've made a similar post on the clinic page. I hope someone will see it. There doesn't seem to be a lot of activity there although I know it's only the first day of the month.

Thanks.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:26 pm

They are infectious and if left untreated they can become worse. They however do not look so bad. My advice is go to the GP.

5 posts