BSF general discussion

Moderator: talkhealth

'Scars' Under Eyes? Treatment?

Postby doublemm on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Hello all,

I’m seeking advice on the below; what you’d describe this as, possible treatment etc.

I’ve had this for as long as I can remember, since perhaps aged 12, so a good ten years or so .. It’s not noticeable when my face is lit front on/softly, which is why I’ve perhaps sufficed with it for so long .. However in any other lighting (outdoor especially), it’s very noticeable .. To a laymen like myself, it naturally appears like a symptom of tiredness - but regardless of sleep, it’s always there - and the fact it's been there for tens year or so, suggests it's more like a scar .. I hate looking constantly tired due to this, so as such, want to find treatment asap!

If I stretch my skin above/below the area where the issue is, the area of course looks completely smooth/perfectly normal, however when I let go, the skin resettles and the issue remains - so it’s definitely more a like ‘scar’.

Possible solutions? I feel unconfident anything natural or any kind of cream could fix this, given I’ve now had it for over a decade, but I'm no doctor ..

Thanks
doublemm

Re: 'Scars' Under Eyes? Treatment?

Postby doublemm on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:10 pm

BUMP!
doublemm

Postby talkhealth on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to post within our forums. I'm going to move your post into the British Skin Foundation forum as I think your question is better answered by someone within that community.

Best wishes

talkhealth
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog
talkhealth

Postby doublemm on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 pm

RODRIGOPALACIOS wrote:I have the same problem! I remember reading that it is because of the bone´s structure so I think that besides surgery there is not much to do about it. I encourage you to learn to appreciate yourself as you are, we all have flaws and that is okay!

Cheers :D

Thanks for the response.

Yes, bone structure makes sense - would explain why I've had it since such an early age.

Thanks for the kind words - I agree, and I've appreciated this particular flaw since I can remember, but lately it's really began to bug me, or more the image it gives off, as in someone who looks really tired and worn out - when I'm far from that.

Any input from anybody else on potential solutions to this, before I speak to a local dermatologist ..
doublemm

Postby Marymoore00 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:56 am

I too have a similar problem.
Marymoore00

Postby Lisa BSF on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi doublemm,

Thanks for your question. It's certainly worth speaking with a dermatologist who will be able to advise the best solution for you.

If you would like a list of dermatologists in your area (UK only) then please drop me a line and I'll send over for you.

lisa@britishskinfoundation.org.uk

Best,
Lisa
Lisa BSF