'Scars' Under Eyes? Treatment?

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
doublemm

by doublemm on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:01 pm

'Scars' Under Eyes? Treatment?

Hello all,

I’m seeking advice on the below; what you’d describe this as, possible treatment etc.

I’ve had this for as long as I can remember, since perhaps aged 12, so a good ten years or so .. It’s not noticeable when my face is lit front on/softly, which is why I’ve perhaps sufficed with it for so long .. However in any other lighting (outdoor especially), it’s very noticeable .. To a laymen like myself, it naturally appears like a symptom of tiredness - but regardless of sleep, it’s always there - and the fact it's been there for tens year or so, suggests it's more like a scar .. I hate looking constantly tired due to this, so as such, want to find treatment asap!

If I stretch my skin above/below the area where the issue is, the area of course looks completely smooth/perfectly normal, however when I let go, the skin resettles and the issue remains - so it’s definitely more a like ‘scar’.

Possible solutions? I feel unconfident anything natural or any kind of cream could fix this, given I’ve now had it for over a decade, but I'm no doctor ..

Thanks

doublemm

by doublemm on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Re: 'Scars' Under Eyes? Treatment?

BUMP!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to post within our forums. I'm going to move your post into the British Skin Foundation forum as I think your question is better answered by someone within that community.

Best wishes

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

doublemm

by doublemm on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 pm

RODRIGOPALACIOS wrote:I have the same problem! I remember reading that it is because of the bone´s structure so I think that besides surgery there is not much to do about it. I encourage you to learn to appreciate yourself as you are, we all have flaws and that is okay!

Cheers :D
Thanks for the response.

Yes, bone structure makes sense - would explain why I've had it since such an early age.

Thanks for the kind words - I agree, and I've appreciated this particular flaw since I can remember, but lately it's really began to bug me, or more the image it gives off, as in someone who looks really tired and worn out - when I'm far from that.

Any input from anybody else on potential solutions to this, before I speak to a local dermatologist ..

Marymoore00

by Marymoore00 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:56 am

I too have a similar problem.

Lisa BSF

by Lisa BSF on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi doublemm,

Thanks for your question. It's certainly worth speaking with a dermatologist who will be able to advise the best solution for you.

If you would like a list of dermatologists in your area (UK only) then please drop me a line and I'll send over for you.

lisa@britishskinfoundation.org.uk

Best,
Lisa

ArchibaldArlen

by ArchibaldArlen on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:27 pm

I will advise you to drink more water than routine and prefer raw food over processed food. Avoid alcohol and have proper sleep every day.
Last edited by talkhealth on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL advertising has been removed. Not permitted in these forums

7 posts