British Skin Foundation

Hailey Hailey

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Babsmerc

by Babsmerc on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:23 am

Hailey Hailey

I would be interested to chat with anyone with Hailey Hailey.
I am 71 years of age and my HHD has got progressively worse over the years.
Does anyone in the Forum take LDN ?

Lisa BSF

by Lisa BSF on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:15 am

Re: Hailey Hailey

Hi there,

Here's a link on Hailey Hailey on our website in case that is useful.

http://www.britishskinfoundation.org.uk ... sease.aspx

Best,
Lisa

lynnewin

by lynnewin on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:09 pm

I am 68 and been diagnosed with Hailey Hailey last year. I am convinced that radiotherapy on my breast (after lumpectomy) in 2015 has triggered HHD. From the first fraction of radiotherapy my breast was hot and after a week it was burned. The treatment lasted three weeks and since then I have been plagued with skin problems always starting on that breast before spreading over the rest of my torso. Over this time I have been variously diagnosed as shingles, psoriasis, eczema, and eventually SLE for which I was referred to a rheumatologist who has been brilliant. My 11th biopsy organised by the dermatologist confirmed Hailey Hailey. I take Prednisolone, hydroxychloroquine and methotrexate for the skin problems which seem to be keeping me under control at the moment. I dread summer in case my skin flares again, but over the years sunshine has never given me a problem - until radiotherapy. I am just extremely unfortunate and would never tell people NOT to have radiotherapy. Has anyone had anything similar, please?

Lisa BSF

by Lisa BSF on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Hi Lynnewin,

Thanks for your message.

You might find these articles helpful https://www.dermnetnz.org/search/?q=hailey%20hailey

Best,
Lisa

4 posts