Recurring rash

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
stfrancis99

by stfrancis99 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:33 am

Recurring rash

Hi. I wonder if anyone could help...

I guess I've had this recurring rash for over 10 years now. It seems to appear every 12 months or so, lasting approx 10 days. It's red, very itchy and stings like crazy under hot water.

The rash appears mostly on my fingers and toes, although the last couple of times have been on my left forearm too. It can also appear on knees, elbows and (I'm guessing) places I've touched, ie penis / eyes. The latest outbreak is on my left forearm / hand, both eyelids and penis.

Over the past 10 years or so the same cycle happens: Rash occurs, I go to see GP, I get cream / tablets, it goes away, comes back at later date, repeat process. It's getting a bit boring now but unsure where to turn next.

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

*Just for the record* Only allergy I have is to prolonged use of Elastoplat (gives me the same red, itchy reaction). I also have Raynaud's disease, for which I take Nifedipine in the colder months. A GP has mentioned certain foods may cause this but I'm a creature of habit and rarely eat anything I've not tried before. Not changed cosmetics or detergent recently either.

Many thanks
Attachments
IMG_5217-1.jpg
IMG_5217-1.jpg (143.72 KiB) Viewed 1526 times
IMG_4736-1.jpg
IMG_4736-1.jpg (95.66 KiB) Viewed 1526 times
IMG_5239-1.jpg
IMG_5239-1.jpg (46.76 KiB) Viewed 1526 times