British Skin Foundation

Mystery Skin Rash - Help would me much appreciated.

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
loulou2448

by loulou2448 on Wed May 01, 2019 7:43 pm

Mystery Skin Rash - Help would me much appreciated.

Over the last 5 years I have had discolouration around my mouth, nose and forehead. Nothing on my cheeks at all. It's like a triangle shape from the mouth up to the nose. The rash is slightly dry and has a red/orange tinge. I visited a Spire dermatologist who did some allergy tests, fungal cream and concluded that in 'might' be seborrhoeic dermatitis but wasn't really sure. He said I would have to manage it with steroid cream for the rest of my life however this seems to be having very little effect. I have looked and photos of seborrhoeic dermatitis and it doesn't really look similar at all as mine isn't very red, oily or flakey - I felt a bit fobbed off if I'm honest.

I must also add that I got a long haired rag doll cat around the time the rash started to appear. Coincidence perhaps - or could this be related?

Does anyone have any advice as to what this could be or know of an excellent dermatologist as I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do.

Thanks for reading.
Attachments
Face Rash
Face Rash
IMG_5753.jpg (209.85 KiB) Viewed 5332 times

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Mystery Skin Rash - Help would me much appreciated.

Try a cream that is used on dry skin. It doesn't look too problematic. Also wash your face daliy.

2 posts