British Skin Foundation

Itchy red patch on palm, please help!

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
jess5678

by jess5678 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:59 am

Itchy red patch on palm, please help!

Hello! I have been having this patch on my left palm for the last year that doesn't go away. I never use to have this at all. I use to have eczema as a child but it's gone away now. It's a small patch around 3cm. It feels really itchy sometimes. It has small blisters sometimes but then they dry out. Seems to happen more when the weather is wet but can be random. I went to the clinic and the nurse ask me to put hydrocortisone on it. It did not help. Please help me on this thank you!
Attachments
skin copy.jpg
skin copy.jpg (175.09 KiB) Viewed 4492 times
Last edited by jess5678 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Itchy red patch on palm, please help!

Hi jess5678

Thank you for your recent post. When you had eczema as a child were the symptoms similar? If the cream the nurse recommended has not worked you could try talking to your local pharmacy to see if the pharmacist can recommend anything over the counter. Otherwise we would recommend you go back to your doctor to see if they can prescribe/recommend something else. Please have a look at our free support programme, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/mydryskin.php which you may find helpful.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

jess5678

by jess5678 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:25 pm

talkhealth wrote:Hi jess5678

Thank you for your recent post. When you had eczema as a child were the symptoms similar? If the cream the nurse recommended has not worked you could try talking to your local pharmacy to see if the pharmacist can recommend anything over the counter. Otherwise we would recommend you go back to your doctor to see if they can prescribe/recommend something else. Please have a look at our free support programme, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/mydryskin.php which you may find helpful.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
Thank you for the reply. No I have never had in on my palms before and it doesn’t really look like it’s eczema. Last time they looked at it they just dismissed it and said it’s dry skin or something...

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:29 pm

jess5678 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:59 am
Hello! I have been having this patch on my left palm for the last year that doesn't go away. I never use to have this at all. I use to have eczema as a child but it's gone away now. It's a small patch around 3cm. It feels really itchy sometimes. It has small blisters sometimes but then they dry out. Seems to happen more when the weather is wet but can be random. I went to the clinic and the nurse ask me to put hydrocortisone on it. It did not help. Please help me on this thank you!
It can come from touching or grabbing prickly plants. Well it did for me. Just try not to itch it and over time it will go away. There are creams that help with itching issues. Speak to the pharmacist.

4 posts