British Skin Foundation

What are the best ways to lose weight?

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
CassieErnst

by CassieErnst on Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:05 pm

What are the best ways to lose weight?

This is what worked for me. I was around 110kgs 2016 . Yes, you read that right. I passed my class 12 in that year and it was then I decided that I would bring change to myself.

I was always either studying or in social media and due to unhealthy eating habbit I gained a lot of weights.

1st April 2016-

12th boards were over. It was the day I bring change to my habits.

Food habit-
1- First of all I quit rice from my diet. I noticed one thing that I was addicted to rice and would eat lots and lots without even the count.

So I switched to Roti/Chapati/Indian wheat bread. To be honest I still dont know whats the nutrition values of roti vs rice yet there was this psychological impact on me while eating roti. I could count the number of rotis I was eating while rice i was seeing just the grains.

So I kept my maximum threshold limit of eating to 3 rotis.

2- I used to eat lots of junk food /fast food. Fried items like Samosa, pakoda etc were strictly no go from me. Rolls, noodles, momos, chips etc were also restricted.

3- Removed sweets from diet. I had a bad habbit of eating desserts after the dinner. Basically I had to remove any sweet dish from my menu (TдT).

4-More homemade foods were included with roti which were daal, chickpeas, soyabean ,boiled eggs, mixed vegetables, sprouts, chicken curry on weekends (yeah with less oil).

● Workout-

1- I started with brisk walking. Eventually I started jogging as walking for months made my body resistant to it.

2- Learned to jump ropes. Yeah jumping ropes does wonder. It was fun to perform and burned lot of calories.

3- So after I started jogging and jumping ropes, I began to develop stamina yet I was weak. So I started to do pushups. It was one of the difficult task I ever did. Initially I started doing the knee push-up and after 2 straight month of jogging , jumping ropes, sqautes I did my first pushup. It was one of the memorable moment when I went straight down and able to loft my weight (although I still can't do the pull ups but yeah I am working on that too).

3- So after learning basic push-ups and squats I included many variation to it. You can check youtube for them for advance level.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:38 pm

Re: What are the best ways to lose weight?

Hi CassieErnst

Thank you for the information which our members will find useful

Kind regards
talhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: What are the best ways to lose weight?

Its okay to eat lots of rice, its carbohydrates and minor protein. If you want to lose weight, you have four options.
1. you could work out at a gym and do lots of body work.
2. you could eat less.
3. you could do lots of cardio, then technically it doesnt matter how much you eat.
4. you could eat more light foods, like more veg.
There are more ways you can get the most out of your body. I try not to eat so much fats and drink so much pop. I used to drink a lot of beer and its made me obtain a beer belly.

3 posts