British Skin Foundation

Wrinkles on Scalp

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Darren2020

by Darren2020 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:13 am

Wrinkles on Scalp

Upon waking on a morning I have several long wrinkles/creases from the back of my head towards the middle of my scalp. They are noticeable first thing but tend to fade away throughout the day, or when heat is applied too.

There are some moderate to hard lumps under the skin on my scalp, around the areas where the creases are.

Are all scalp wrinkles/creases classed as Cutis Verticis Gyrata, or can there be another condition? I’m struggling to get an appointment at my doctors surgery, any help would be greatly appreciated.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:08 pm

Re: Wrinkles on Scalp

Hi Darren2020,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Unfortunately we are unable to give specific medical advice on individual conditions here, but hopefully you will receive some replies soon to your question, from our other members who may have experienced something similar to you. We know that it is harder to get an appointment with your GP at the moment, but we would still urge you to contact them again even for a telephone consultation. Maybe your local pharmacist would be able to help?

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:00 pm

Re: Wrinkles on Scalp

Its interesting you say when heat is applied to them they fade. You may on to something there. What about creams, maybe you can try a cream. If they are wrinkles then i am sure they are temporary inconveniences.

3 posts