Unknown skin condition

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
SarahH1976

by SarahH1976 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:40 pm

Unknown skin condition

Hi
For the past two years I have suffered with a skin condition that consists of blister type spots that appear mainly on the left side of my face, they weep, scab over and disappear after a couple of days, but can be painful, but they don't appear anywhere else, just my left cheek.
Doctor has suggested it could be herpes and put me on a large dose of Aciclovir tablets, but they did nothing and because of this suggestion, I tried Zovirax, but that didn't work either, so can anyone help me who has maybe experienced this problem themselves or know anyone who has....please?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:39 am

Re: Unknown skin condition

Hello Sarah - very sorry to hear this. Please do keep an eye out for our skin clinics that we hold regularly and then do post this question to our experts- please see the dates here https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/clinics
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Re: Unknown skin condition

SarahH1976 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:40 pm
Hi
For the past two years I have suffered with a skin condition that consists of blister type spots that appear mainly on the left side of my face, they weep, scab over and disappear after a couple of days, but can be painful, but they don't appear anywhere else, just my left cheek.
Doctor has suggested it could be herpes and put me on a large dose of Aciclovir tablets, but they did nothing and because of this suggestion, I tried Zovirax, but that didn't work either, so can anyone help me who has maybe experienced this problem themselves or know anyone who has....please?
I guess its not herpes. It doesnt sound like it is. Perhaps there is a cream for that. It does not seem to be contagious. Perhaps you could try TCP. (Not the cream because that is rubbish, i mean the bottle of TCP water)

3 posts