British Skin Foundation

eczema and itchy eyes

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
elizas12

by elizas12 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:50 pm

eczema and itchy eyes

I've just been diagnosed with discoid eczema later in life. The Dermatologist said that it could have been caused by an insect bite. I have now a real flare up on my elbows, back, part leg and my face. On my face it actually became infected and so put on two lots of pencillian. I then saw a Dermatologist who put me on 3 steriod creams for face, up nose and body and anti bacterial one around my eyelids. The itching around my eyes is really causing me problems and although I know not supposed to touch an itch it's impossible for me at the moment. I'm trying some natural creams as well but none for around the eyes. Anyone ever had this and can recommend what I can do please?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:01 pm

Re: eczema and itchy eyes

Hello - I am so sorry to hear about your itchy eyes. We totally understand and sympathise how difficult it is to handle the itch from eczema and it is always one of the symptoms that are ranked generally number one as the hardest symptoms to cope with. There are many creams that around on the market and what works for one person doesn't always work for another, so we would suggest you try to find one that does help to soothe the itch. Creams that are specifically for this symptom are the ones to try. With that said you need to be very careful what you try and where you buy from. Firstly you should only use ones that have been clinically proven and second make sure that you buy from a reputable retailer particularly if you are shopping online. All pharmacists are given dermatology training and should be able to advise you as well.

Meanwhile keep an eye open for our next clinics with the BSF where you will be able to ask your question directly to one of their experts.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:19 am

I'd follow TalkHealth's advice.

Having eczema and itchy eyes is horrible. You will need appropriate creams to treat your skin condition. Your pharmacist will be able to assist you in choosing a cream. Once your skin is relieved of its itching, your eyes should clear up. You also perhaps could get eye drops. Because if you're scratching and scratching them, you could damage your eyes. But I know the itching must be driving you insane. But the right cream and eye drops will soothe your skin and get rid of the awful itching.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:49 pm

did your dermatologist give you meds for itchiness?

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:04 pm

I hope you've received the appropriate treatment now. I do think the right skin cream and eyedrops WILL reduce the itching and keep you comfortable. I do also hope my advice helped.

5 posts