British Skin Foundation

Random pink blotches on chest

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Ellz1497

by Ellz1497 on Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:18 pm

Random pink blotches on chest

I have four small circular pink blotches under my ribcage and have had them a while (maybe a few months?) They are not raised and don't itch so I'm really stumped as to what could be the cause. My skin is quite sensitive and can rash quite easily. Any ideas as to what could cause these? I'm going to check with the Dr just in case also.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:33 am

Re: Random pink blotches on chest

I can't diagnose you, but it sounds like your skin is allergic to something you've used: washing detergent or a shower gel? It is good they don't itch, though: I have had terrible itching underneath my arms and the top of my arms. Scratching it made it bleed a little, too. But I am careful now about which products I use on my skin.

As for treating these pink blotches: a medicated cream will prevent them becoming itchy and just soothe the whole area. Your doctor will most likely prescribe a medicated cream. Do be aware of what you're using on your skin, though: you could narrow down the cause from process of elimination. Once you know what you're allergic to, the pink blotches will disappear.

2 posts