Severe itchy with tiny blisters

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
Hopewishpray567

by Hopewishpray567 on Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:20 pm

Severe itchy with tiny blisters

Hello,

I am asking for some advice on behalf of my father who has been ill for a month now. He started to feel itchy on his legs and as time has gone on it has spread to his hands, feet, arms, feet. torso. He said that it feels like a burning sensation/tiny ants crawling all over. The nonstop itching is causing his skin to bleed from his constant scratching. There is no rash and he is eating fine, but as time as gone on this is having a severe effect on his mental health where he cannot sleep. Around the 7th of Febuary I have noticed tiny, tiny blisters on top of his hands. Around the bottom of the thumb leading up. None on his palms but they are on the sole and on top of his feet on the toes. The blisters on the sole of his feet are slightly larger in size compared to the ones on his hands.

He has been to see the Dr more than once and they have prescribed him Mometasone Furoate, Diprobase Cream, Zerobase and Dermacool.

He had his blood checked and they said all is fine with that. He used to have B12 injections to help with his protein for the last 2 years but Dr stopped that as they said he has sufficient amount of B12 in his system. They advised that he is low on iron and gave him iron tablets.

Dr feels that he may have Pompholyx Eczema. They do not think the issue is internal but external skin condition and prescribed him with Hydromol ointment, Dermol 200 shower and Emollient and Emulsiderm Emollient and Dermovate Ointment, clobetasol propionate but the itchy continues and more of the tiny blisters appear.

As I have said before this is having an extreme effect on his mental health where he cannot sleep. Any advice or help here will be much appreciated.