Skin condition on the face

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Afs786123

by Afs786123 on Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:55 am

Skin condition on the face

Hi All,

Im new to this. Not sure if im posting in the right place. Just looking for some advice.
Since my teenage years i have suffered from this skin problem. I have always had oily skin. I have tried several products. Ive tried everything the doctor has prescribed and nothings worked. Ive been to NHS dermatologists who said i have seborrhoeic dermatitis and i just have to live with it.

Every day i have to use my face wash to get this dead king of skin of my face. It will get itchy and flakey. A thick grey rubbery layer comes off nearly everyday. The whole face is scaly. My fresh smooth skin underneath is then fine and i can go about 12 hours of my life before it comes back. Now ive tried washing in the morning and night but i still get the same thing after 12 or 24 hours. Once i use my face wash current one is cerave face wash with saliclyic acid. Blue one. And after that i use the same blue moisturiser. Over the years im talking around 14 years. Ive used numerous things. The face wash i have ti use around twice for the dry layer to start coming off. Its to the point now my regime takes around 15 to 20 mins and my lower back starts hurting at the sink.

Is anyone else suffering from a condition like this?

Any help will be appreciated thanks

pw123456

by pw123456 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:02 pm

Re: Skin condition on the face

Oh, dear - that does sound very difficult to live with and to manage. You have my sympathies.

What happens if you leave it alone for a week, not washing it at all?

2 posts