British Skin Foundation

Safe Skin Lightening Products

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
slashez30@gmail.com

by slashez30@gmail.com on Sat May 14, 2022 5:35 pm

Safe Skin Lightening Products

Over the years I have noticed that many professional organizations highlight the damage that illegal under the counter products can cause. However, they never offer any tangible solutions or provide safe alternatives.

The white community has had for many years several options for safely darkening their skin, originally those ignorant of skin cancer would simply bake their skin under the sun. However, now they have a multitude of options including going to tanning salon or tanning makeup amongst many other alternatives.

I understand that some may have concerns about the reason someone would want to lighten their skin and automatically assume it's because they want to be "white". But alot of people want their skin to glow, look more even or they may just want a specific skin tone.

Are their in your professional opinion safe alternatives to the illegal options?

gordshelia123@gmail.com

by gordshelia123@gmail.com on Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:16 pm

Re: Safe Skin Lightening Products

The International Journal of Dermatology claims that skin bleaching poses a significant risk to public health because many of them contain the dangerous heavy metal mercury. Niacinamide and hydroquinone are safer alternatives. TAC - The Ayurveda Co.
Sirona Vitamin C Face Cream.

gordshelia123@gmail.com

by gordshelia123@gmail.com on Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:19 pm

The International Journal of Dermatology claims that skin bleaching poses a significant risk to public health because many of them contain the dangerous heavy metal mercury. Niacinamide and hydroquinone are safer alternatives. TAC - The Ayurveda Co.
Sirona Vitamin C Face Cream.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:55 pm

I don't agree with skin lightening products: I think they send the wrong message to people who already have a beautiful skin colour. It isn't right or fair in my book when I hear of skin lightening products being advertized.

However, I can't decide for someone else. I'd say if someone is considering a skin lightening cream, they seek professional advice on how to use them safely.

4 posts