Constant facial and neck swelling

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
mnabc123

by mnabc123 on Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:08 pm

Constant facial and neck swelling

Hello all,
I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has had the same issues at me - at loss and don't where else to turn.
I have been suffering from ?contact dermatitis for 4mnths. It randomly started and I have no idea what has triggered it. Affecting the face and neck area - eye and lip swelling (it looks like Im going into anaphylaxis minus any red flag symptoms), constant burning and itchy is common. It tends to flare up and down every 1-2weeks. I have tried every possible thing to prevent flare ups includ. seeing a dermatologist who suspects I am allergic to something unusual. Have tried topical tacrolimus and taking 180mg fexofenadine. It was so bad a couple of weeks ago and I was in so much pain – my skin was shredding and bleeding across my face that I desperately went to A&E and was given 1 week of high dose oral steriods. I am planning to get patch testing soon. History of dry sensitive skin and acne (which has now cleared up after a course of isotretinoin about 4yrs ago) but nothing unmanageable. I had a similar case to this after suffering from covid over a year ago - it cleared up eventually.
What I would like to know is if anyone else has had these unexplained rashes since having/triggered by covid?
I am so desperate to get this figured out, any response would be helpful. Thank you

gordshelia123@gmail.com

by gordshelia123@gmail.com on Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:22 am

Re: Constant facial and neck swelling

The most common causes of facial swelling arise from a dental or skin infection, or an allergic reaction which can also cause hives, wheezing, and vomiting. Other causes of face swelling include dehydration, hormonal imbalance, or physical trauma to the face.

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:32 am

May be dental infection please consider doctor.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:59 am

Stress can also cause your face to swell because when you're feeling anxious, your adrenal glands produce more cortisol than usual, which can cause a variety of physical symptoms, including facial swelling.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:48 pm

Seek urgent medical attention for severe symptoms, such as breathing difficulties, low pulse, confusion, or slurred speech. These symptoms may indicate anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction that can be fatal.

felizabrunt

by felizabrunt on Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:48 pm

Most lumps under jaws are lymph nodes that swell in response to sore throats and minor infections.
In your case, however, it is causing facial swelling which is not as common. My friend had the same issue, so he consulted with a doctor through Ongo Care urgent care in California. Now he is well with a doctor's medication and advice. So I suggest you go with a doctor and seek urgent medical attention for your severe symptoms.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:45 am

which can also cause hives, wheezing, and vomiting. Other causes of face swelling include dehydration, hormonal imbalance, or physical trauma to the face.

7 posts