Excessive Sweating

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
owen1981

by owen1981 on Sat May 06, 2023 2:15 pm

Excessive Sweating

Hi,

I've been suffering with excessive sweating problems for over 10 years. For example today I have walked around town at a very leisurely pace and in no way exerted myself but yet my hair is soaking wet looking like I've not long got out of the shower, I keep having to wipe sweat from my face. Basically I find it really embarrassing and does make me avoid doing things, going out etc at times. I've mentioned the problem to my GP before, years ago he prescribed me a anti perspirant with aluminium chloride, which helped a little with sweating from my armpits but obviously I couldn't apply it all over my head and under my hair. The deodorant also burned a bit I found. I then saw another GP about maybe five years ago, I was hoping that she might be able to prescribe some medication to help. She was really quite unhelpful and said that the NHS doesn't regard this as a medical condition so the only way I could do anything would be to get some kind of private prescription, I don't have the budget to do this. Basically I would say that it interferes with my daily life significantly and I'd like to know if there is help available eg medication that I should be able to obtain through a GP. Many thanks for your help.

Owen

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed May 10, 2023 9:53 am

Re: Excessive Sweating

I haven't studied medicine but I don't think there is any product that could stop your excessive sweating. Your only option is to wear very light clothing and not do activities unless you're going to have access to a shower.

It sounds seem like your inner body temperature is very hot. And you do get hot very quickly. Perhaps if you could find a way to cool your body temperature: like drinking ice cold water and going into the shade.

I do hope this helps.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:57 am

Certain issues like diabetes, cardiovascular breakdown, uneasiness, and overactive thyroid can cause weighty perspiring. What's more, a few medications might cause weighty perspiring as a secondary effect.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:39 pm

Hello - please note that our skin clinic with experts is currently now open - with the British Skin Foundation between 4th - 25th September.

Visit here: https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... ditions-23
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:25 pm

I get sweaty myself: I'll just go out for a short walk and my face is dripping with sweat. My back also becomes very sweaty when I go out. I shower every morning and I soap my back: but the sweat returns.

There's nothing I can do about it, but I don't like it. Because everyone is cool and comfortable, while I am sweating. I don't like it one bit.

josef123

by josef123 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:17 pm

MissCandyGirl wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:53 am
I haven't studied medicine but I don't think there is any product that could stop your excessive sweating. Your only option is to wear very light clothing and not do activities unless you're going to have access to a shower.

It sounds seem like your inner body temperature is very hot. And you do get hot very quickly. Perhaps if you could find a way to cool your body temperature: like drinking ice cold water and going into the shade.

I do hope this helps.
It sounds like you're going through a tough time with excessive sweating. While there might not be a specific product that stops it entirely, some antiperspirants or treatments can help manage it to an extent. Additionally, staying hydrated with cold water and finding shade or cooler environments might alleviate the feeling of overheating.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:13 pm

You are obviously overheating. Is there anything that triggers your body temperature to increase? Not necessarily obvious exercise but some kind of situation where your body gets too hot? NOT like that! Being sensible I don't think there is a cure for lowering your internal body temperature. It is obvious but you will just have to wear loose clothing and all that.

Your doctor will have insight into what could be triggering all this sweat: he or she could ask questions about when you feel yourself getting all sweaty. It could even be partly nerves. I don't know.

7 posts