Psoriais

Post your question about psoriasis to our experts here

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
jwelshj2002

by jwelshj2002 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:38 pm

Psoriais

My grandson who lives with me has severe Psoriasis and I am at my wits end on how to help him manage his condition. He has the complaint everywhere and his legs and chest look so sore that he finds using the Dovobet seems to inflame it more. We visited his GP in December and asked for some other treatment and/or referral to a Dermatologist , still waiting for appointment and meanwhile the condition just seems to get worse.

Dr Anjali Mahto

by Dr Anjali Mahto on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:48 am

Re: Psoriais

Many thanks for taking the time to post your question and I am so sorry to hear what a rough time your grandson is having with his psoriasis.

In addition to the Dovobet gel he has been given, he may also benefit from using an emollient body wash in the shower and regular moisturising to help treat the dry areas. If his skin is very itchy, particularly at night, then taking an antihistamine may help provide some relief (speak to your GP about a suitable one e.g. hydroxyzine).

If his skin disease is getting worse, it is also worthwhile returning to your family doctor so they can reassess how he is and maybe even recommend different topical treatments. If his psoriasis is affecting his psychological well-being then please make sure you let your family doctor know about this.

I wish you all the best.

Anjali
Dr Anjali Mahto
Consultant Dermatologist and British Skin Foundation spokesperson
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _mahto.php

2 posts