Medical alert help

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
ljacobs1987

by ljacobs1987 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Medical alert help

Hi all. I'm new to the forums and I have a serious question. My daughter is moving to OSU from Indianapolis in the middle of September (less than a month). I would be comfortable with this if it weren't for her severe peanut allergy. Of course, she has more than one epi-pen but if something were to happen she would need to go to the emergency room after the shot. I'm looking into those medical alert necklaces and bracelets. I guess they work by calling 911 when you press a button. I saw a type called alert one safety monitors but I need information on cost. I found a little at that website but I really need a review of the bracelets. Thank you so much. This would help me get some sleep at night with her away at school.
Last edited by ljacobs1987 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laurenben44

by laurenben44 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Medical alert help

I think a medical alert system is perfect for anyone especially if your living alone. I know many people who have a med alert and has said nothing but great things about it. My friends mother said that her med alert has once saved her life! I am actually looking into it now for my mother-in-law because she just recently lost her husband and is now living on her own. Make sure before purchasing a medical alert system that you do your research well and call and ask for a brochure before making your decision. Good Luck!

Cara Voller

by Cara Voller on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:58 am

I am also currently looking for a medical alert for my grandmother who has had a couple of strokes and falls in the last few years so if anyone knows what to look out for or good ones to get i'd be grateful for your opinions.

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 pm

hi, i would ask your local doctor or chemist for advice in your area. My grandpa had a lot of support in the home from the red cross maybe they could advise or I'd say help the aged would be very used to these products
Anna
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon May 30, 2016 6:36 pm

Thank you for the advice :D

Helen
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

6 posts