Face Rash

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

13 posts
bluebell

by bluebell on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Face Rash

Hello All
I've just found this site as it looked very helpful so I thought I could hopefully find some help/info on this allergy that has appeared on my face this year.
Just after christmas a rash started to appear on my face, sometimes it is bad some days then others. Along with it I get a burning sensation on my cheeks, at the back of my neck and the backs of my ears. My eyes sometimes feel sore and gritty with slight redness. I have been to the doctors but he does'nt know what it is.
I did at first put it down to a new hair product I started using just before christmas but when this rash etc: started I stopped using it, along with hairsprays and other hair products that I had. For the last few weeks I have been using E45 cream and it did seem to calm things down. Yesterday and today I put this cream on and my face seems to have flared up again and feels hot again.
I would appreciated any advice on this now as I really dont know what to do, its really getting me down.

Regards
bluebell

Jane01

by Jane01 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Face Rash

Hi bluebell - I have the same problem. I sometimes get a rash on my face for seemingly no reason at all. Often in the winter it's worse - I put it down to the weather - going from a warm environment to a cold one - inside to outside.

I would double check the ingredients on your face cream - any slight change in the formulation could trigger a reaction. This happened to me about 2 years or so ago. I used to use Johnson's Baby lotion to remove my make up. Then, one day I had this terrible stinging sensation around my eyes - when I look at the new bottle I'd just opened, it said on the front 'new formulation'. When I compared the ingredients to the bottle I'd just thrown away, there were some ingredient changes. Once I realised this I stopped using the product on my face and eventually the rash subsided.

Hope this helps a abit .....

aritha

by aritha on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi guys, i'll just like to join in the conversation. Sometime back i also experienced a similar problem. a few months back all of a sudden i started experiencing red blotches on my face. it started off with just a few at first and as time passed by they increased. my doctor told me that i might be diagnosed with rosacea which has no cures. However, not letting my spirits to be damped i kept on searching the web for relevant information. Does anyone knows of any permanent solution to this disorder? such as home remedies and herbal treatments?

any information will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Aritha

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi I have a close friend who is having various treatments from the gp for rosacea. long term antibiotics are helping and red wine and dark beer have been identified as triggers. Go back and keep fighting. Dermalogic also have products to help you have your skin mapped and treatment plan. Have a look around
Anna
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Nicki

by Nicki on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:47 pm

I got diagnosed with rosacea by a consultant dermatologist and she said there was no real cure and prescribed me with metrogel which did help somewhat. I don't think i have any triggers and have been on antibiotics which frustratingly didnt help with it. I have recently used a treatment called proskin rosacea which is a cream that is applied to your skin . It has worked much better than the other treatments i have used so far and i would say it has actually cured my rosacea for the time being. I told my dermatologist about this cream which is natural and she told me it could not have cured my rosacea but i am sure it has.

Polly_P

by Polly_P on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Since i have joined this site i have read quite a bit about rosacea (i hadn't heard of it before) and i wonder if i might have it - not wanting to sound like a hyperchondriac!

I blush really easily, often if someone just talks to me normally, i get a very hot face at times, i get very red and blotchy across my nose and cheeks. Does this sound like rosacea or is it just my type of skin?

Also is rosacea an allergy? I joined this forum because of my allergies but when i saw this post it got me thinking because i saw you mentioned triggers. I don't drink much.

ajax

by ajax on Mon May 21, 2012 5:43 am

Although my rash has generally been in remission for some years now, wind and rain can still nevertheless bring it back, within just minutes.

(Even on my arms, if they are exposed to the wind and rain too.)

Just one of those things, I suppose.

bodybyvi

by bodybyvi on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:26 am

Face Rash-You should not touch your face because if your hands are dirty then it
can annoy your rash that is very harmful for your face.

Denise08

by Denise08 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:56 am

I think almost of us have facial rashes on extreme weather especially during winter season. Facial rash is caused by dry skin and our skin gets dry during winter or hot season. We need to drink lots of water and fruit juices to hydrate our body. Eating fruits and vegetables are also great.

RosyHannah

by RosyHannah on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:13 pm

Hey all,

Within our freebies page we are currently giving forum users the chance to win a free sample of balm balm - a fragrance free balm which won't interfere with eating, drinking or kissing. It is so gentle that it can even be used on newborn babies. This is a multi purpose moisturiser that takes up next to no space in your bag – the perfect answer for problem skin.

Click on the link below to be taken to our freebies page - you will also find an e-voucher for 10% off balm balm products and free UK delivery.

Let us know how you get on if you do choose to try it.

Take care , Rosy.
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/freebies/index.php

13 posts