Hello! Advice / help needed

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
Liz W

by Liz W on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Hello! Advice / help needed

Hello all,

My name's Liz and I only just found this forum today, reading through posts it seems I'm certainly not alone with my allergy struggles!
I hope you don't mind but I was looking for some general advice. Just to give a little bit of history about myself, as child I suffered from moderate eczema, this then pretty much disappeared and was replaced by chronic tonsilitus, literally I used to get it month upon month but at that time policy was not take children's tonsils out. Tonsilitus plagued me pretty much all of my teenage life also but was less then when I was a child.
When I got into my early twenties I developed hayfever, I had never had it before to any degree that bothered me, by using a nasal steroid I quite easily controlled any symptoms. I then started to have problems with my teeth, with recurrent and severe infections in my wisdom teeth (I also lost a tooth in my bottom jaw) I had all of wisdom teeth removed during my mid to late twenties. During this period my hayfever also worsened and I need piriteze and nasal pump, but these controlled symptoms pretty well.
After having my twins in my late twenties I was plagued so much by really severe tonsilitus that needed two different types of antibiotics sometimes to control I had my tonsils and my adenoids removed. For a while all was well aside from my hayfever which seemed to worsen and spread to rhinitis and non seasonal allergies that meant nasal spray most of the year round, and progressed to persistant sinusitus.
Siinusitus plaged me in my early thirties, then this past winter (I am now 34) I had tree episodes of bronchitus when has meant that I now need a preventor inhaler alongside my nasal spray (which keep making my nose bleed!) and antihistamine.
I'm a bit scared about what's next, every time something is 'fixed' infection / inflammation finds somewhere else to attack. Will I get really bad asthema next? Will it be my ears?
Could there be something underlining that is causing this like an immune diffiency, I even read someone that silent reflux (GERD) could cause similar problems?
Any advice you can give me greatly rec'd...... thanks so much for reading if you got this far!!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:01 pm

Re: Hello! Advice / help needed

Hi Liz,

I sent out a tweet about your post and we got a response from @CandidaCanBeFun who said "Has Liz seen a Nutritionist to rule out any food intolerances or an overgrowth of Candida? Symptoms sound familiar to mine :)"

Hope this helps!
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Liz W

by Liz W on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Wow that sounds interesting, no I've never had any blood tests at all, will definitely look into that am seeing GP today with my son, thank you!

hayfever queen

by hayfever queen on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Hello Liz - new here and just read you post. How have things been since you saw your GP?

Also, noticed there's a hay fever clinic next month - might be worth posting a question there - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/nh ... ergies.php

I dread this time of year as my hay fever starts with avengance! Already started my course of tablets in readiness!!

LMWhip13

by LMWhip13 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:49 am

Hi there

It's probably far too late for this response but I just wondered if you've looked up 'atopy'? There's a triad of linked conditions - atopic dermatitis, allergic rhinitis (hay fever) and asthma. Atopy would put some of your experience into context. I'm not sure of the relationship with the tonsils, sinus or bronchitis sorry.

Hope things have improved.
Lisa
[url]http://lifeblooming.com[/url]
My blog about cool and beautiful things and life with mini-peeps who happen to be atopic.

5 posts