Rash on wedding ring finger

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
Sally

by Sally on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Rash on wedding ring finger

I get an intermittent rash under my wedding ring. My finger starts to itch, then it gets little tiny blisters under the wedding band. These then burst and scab over. I deliberately had my wedding and engagement rings made from platimum as I was told there was less chance of being allergic to the metal. But this is not so. This also happens to an acquasintance I know.

The only thing that helps (but doesn't stop it ) is if I take my wedding ring off over night and let my finger 'breathe'. I've tried to see if there is a pattern to this but can't say there is! It's all very random.

Anyone else have this and is there a solution or do I have to 'put up with it'!!

Polly_P

by Polly_P on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Rash on wedding ring finger

The blisters sound very similar to what i get when i wear metal. I always say mine looks like tapioca! Was very interested in the platinum thing though as so many people have said to me that i will probably be ok with platinum. I haven't tried it because it is a lot of money to buy platinum jewelry if i can't wear it because of my allergy!

angelicalee8

by angelicalee8 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:22 am

Sally wrote:I get an intermittent rash under my wedding ring. My finger starts to itch, then it gets little tiny blisters under the wedding band. These then burst and scab over. I deliberately had my wedding and engagement rings made from platimum as I was told there was less chance of being allergic to the metal. But this is not so. This also happens to an acquasintance I know.

The only thing that helps (but doesn't stop it ) is if I take my wedding ring off over night and let my finger 'breathe'. I've tried to see if there is a pattern to this but can't say there is! It's all very random.

Anyone else have this and is there a solution or do I have to 'put up with it'!!
I have been having the same issue ever since I started wearing my wedding band last year after my. Were you able to find a solution for this rash? I am close to going to a skin doctor to find out what is going on. I am going to a this summer, so hopefully there will be some people I can talk with about this issue there.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of unauthorised URL promoting product - see forum rules.

meerakannan

by meerakannan on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:28 am

Wedding ring rash is caused by either an allergy to the nickel component of the ring or an irritation from the buildup of soap under the ring. See a doctor for the treatments.

Rachel J

by Rachel J on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:50 pm

I had a similar problem, I eventually worked out it was not caused by my ring at all, but by the perfumed hand cream I was using which was getting stuck on my ring and irritating my skin. Might be worth considering for you? Hope it helps

Dr Tom Marrs

by Dr Tom Marrs on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Contact with metal can cause 'contact dermatitis' - such as nickel, or even gold!
I would ask for a referral to a dermatologist who can conduct 'patch testing' which is NOT the same as skin testing. The patches stay on for three days, and the markings are read a few days later.
Best,
Tom
Dr Tom Marrs
Consultant in Paediatric Allergy, Director of the Allergy Academy, King's College London, Honorary Senior Lecturer in Paediatric Allergy, King's College London

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _marrs.php

6 posts