Viral Hives

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
jfyiah2019

by jfyiah2019 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Viral Hives

Hello,

Last year I struggled with hives caused by viral (I was sick). I tried everything I could image to get rid of my hives, however it did not go away but lasted over a year. When I was younger my hives would go away after 2 weeks after being sick. The funny thing is that my year long bout with hives only ended when I got the flu!!! This was last year. Last month I got sick again (common cold) and I again am struggling with hives. I'd like to know if anyone knows what is it with the flu that got rid of my hives last year? I can control it with zyrtec, but I don't want to be taking zyrtec for long period of time.

Jay

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:13 am

Re: Viral Hives

Hi jfyiah2019

Thank you for your post. In relation to your question about the medication we would always recommend getting advice from your doctor about whether to continue, stop or change certain medications and the side effects for taking medication over a sustained period of time.

In February we ran an online clinic on allergies where members were able to ask questions to experts and have them answered, you can see the questions asked and answered here, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... s_2019.php which you may find helpful. We will also be running another online clinic on allergies in February 2020.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:08 pm

Re: Viral Hives

jfyiah2019 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm
Hello,

Last year I struggled with hives caused by viral (I was sick). I tried everything I could image to get rid of my hives, however it did not go away but lasted over a year. When I was younger my hives would go away after 2 weeks after being sick. The funny thing is that my year long bout with hives only ended when I got the flu!!! This was last year. Last month I got sick again (common cold) and I again am struggling with hives. I'd like to know if anyone knows what is it with the flu that got rid of my hives last year? I can control it with zyrtec, but I don't want to be taking zyrtec for long period of time.

Jay
It seems to be a issue with your blood system. White blood cells combat infection and diseases. When a cold forms the white blood cells are on it and go wild to get rid of the infection so possibly if you can manipulate your white blood cells somehow, you will solve the issue.

3 posts