Tingly tongue

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Kate99

by Kate99 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Tingly tongue

Hi - i'm not sure if anyone will be able to help be, possibly bit of an odd question. I have noticed over the last couple of week that i keep getting a tingly tongue. It is similar to when i used to get migraines but i am having none of the other symptoms so don't think it can be that.

I was wondering if it could be a reaction to something i am eating or inhaling. It makes my tongue feel cold and numb and is very annoying.

Has anyone else come across this or know what it is?

Thanks

Dr Mich Erlewyn-Lajeunesse

by Dr Mich Erlewyn-Lajeunesse on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Re: Tingly tongue

Hi Kate
It doesn't sound like an allergy and may well be related to your migraines after all. I suggest you get your GP to have a look to make sure there is nothing more serious going on.
Dr Mich Erlewyn-Lajeunesse
Consultant Paediatrician - BSc MBBS DM FRCPCH

meerakannan

by meerakannan on Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:28 am

Re: Tingly tongue

Tingling tongue is unusual sensation on the tongue that can be described as a burning feeling.
Seek immediate medical care if you experience serious symptoms, such as weakness, headache, vision changes and slurred speech.

3 posts