Allergy symptoms more aggressive after sex

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
blaisjoel

by blaisjoel on Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:40 am

Allergy symptoms more aggressive after sex

Hi, I have been living with allergies all my life. I met my wife, who loves animals and had 7 cat and three dogs at the time, and told myself my system will adapt to these allergies to animals. After awhile they did, with the help of cetrizine which I take on a daily basis, but I did have allergies on random occasions. I had a hard time figuring out what was the cause of these random occasions, but finally figured it out after 15 years. SEX!!! If I had sex or masturbated the day before, my allergies would kick in pretty badly and they would last all day. Symptoms would be runny nose. I would go through a box of tissue easy in one day.

I tried doubling my cetrizine dosage but no luck. I know the easy way to cure this is to get rid of our animals but you can't just throw away an animal that has been part of your life for so long. It's like telling your child you don't want him/her no more.

Any suggestions to this issue, let me know.

Thank you

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:14 am

Re: Allergy symptoms more aggressive after sex

Hi blaisjoel,

Thank you for posting on the forum. We hope that you will receive some replies soon to your question from our other members who may have experienced something similar to you.

Have you considered that it could be non-allergic rhinitus which can sometimes be cause by exercise:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/non-aller ... is/causes/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

blaisjoel

by blaisjoel on Fri May 01, 2020 3:13 pm

Non-allergic rhinitis. Interresting. I never heard of this before. I doubt this is the case. When being away from my home environment away from all pets, I never have an issue with allergies. I can have sex as many times as I like and never get symptoms. I did get tested for allergies and my allergies to pets are considered high. When away from home for long periods of time (1-2 weeks), my allergies will start almost the next day back home because I have been away from my pets too long.

Thanks anyways for the information.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:04 pm

blaisjoel wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:40 am
Hi, I have been living with allergies all my life. I met my wife, who loves animals and had 7 cat and three dogs at the time, and told myself my system will adapt to these allergies to animals. After awhile they did, with the help of cetrizine which I take on a daily basis, but I did have allergies on random occasions. I had a hard time figuring out what was the cause of these random occasions, but finally figured it out after 15 years. SEX!!! If I had sex or masturbated the day before, my allergies would kick in pretty badly and they would last all day. Symptoms would be runny nose. I would go through a box of tissue easy in one day.

I tried doubling my cetrizine dosage but no luck. I know the easy way to cure this is to get rid of our animals but you can't just throw away an animal that has been part of your life for so long. It's like telling your child you don't want him/her no more.

Any suggestions to this issue, let me know.

Thank you
You could be allergic to the animals you and your wife has.

4 posts