Is it likely to test negative in all tests and still have allergies?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
felines are superior

by felines are superior on Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:14 pm

Is it likely to test negative in all tests and still have allergies?

Because of sore throat and constantly running nose, I had skin pricks that showed negative.

There are other tests like blood tests and shots under the skin to check for allergies. I may get them done.

Just wanted to know, how likely is it to test negative in ALL tests, skin pricking, blood test, and shots under the skin, and still not have allergy? Is this common? Because I have this feeling that I'll show negative in everything, and then I don't know what to do.

Medicine for allergy and inhaler NOT helping. I've tried. Would love to go for immunotherapy, but can't be done if I don't know what I'm allergic to.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:00 am

Re: Is it likely to test negative in all tests and still have allergies?

Hi felines are superior,

Thank you for your post and hopefully other members will be able to advise you. You may want to contact one of our charity supporters 'Action against allergy' where they will be able to help you with your question. Please find their details here:

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... st-allergy

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Is it likely to test negative in all tests and still have allergies?

felines are superior wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:14 pm
Because of sore throat and constantly running nose, I had skin pricks that showed negative.

There are other tests like blood tests and shots under the skin to check for allergies. I may get them done.

Just wanted to know, how likely is it to test negative in ALL tests, skin pricking, blood test, and shots under the skin, and still not have allergy? Is this common? Because I have this feeling that I'll show negative in everything, and then I don't know what to do.

Medicine for allergy and inhaler NOT helping. I've tried. Would love to go for immunotherapy, but can't be done if I don't know what I'm allergic to.
Well the best thing you can do is google it. Trying to find the reason why and what your allergic to, could be like playing Russian roulette. Its dangerous, you could google it and symptoms, and also speak to your GP about it.

3 posts