Feeling of hair in throat

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Nikki1986x

by Nikki1986x on Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:16 am

Feeling of hair in throat

I constantly get this feeling of having a piece of hair in the back of my throat. I've heard its caused by allergies. I take Allegra every single day for my allergies, but this feeling wont go away. Sometimes it lasts for days. I gargle with salt water, I drink hot and cold, I use saline spray.. nothing works!
Does anyone else deal with this issue and have any advice for me?
Thank you!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:29 am

Re: Feeling of hair in throat

Hi Nikki1986x,

Thank you for your post. You dont say what your allergies are but have you been tested for common allergies such as pollen/dust/animal dander and also foods (allergies and intolerances)?

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:53 pm

Re: Feeling of hair in throat

Nikki1986x wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:16 am
I constantly get this feeling of having a piece of hair in the back of my throat. I've heard its caused by allergies. I take Allegra every single day for my allergies, but this feeling wont go away. Sometimes it lasts for days. I gargle with salt water, I drink hot and cold, I use saline spray.. nothing works!
Does anyone else deal with this issue and have any advice for me?
Thank you!
I think its the tongue, when i had this issue it was a tongue issue, when the back of the throat is dry this can also occur. You could try cough medicines and sweets. You could try honey.

3 posts