Unknown Allergy?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
GAAllergies

by GAAllergies on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:43 pm

Unknown Allergy?

Hello,

I am 28, male, and live in Georgia (USA). I am absolutely fine during the day - I can breathe normal. When I go to bed, I can still breathe normal. When I wake up though, my nose is completely stuffed. I have to blow 4-5 times and it is solid yellow/green like an immune response. After that, a few blows of clear and I can breathe fine for the day. This only happens while I’m sleeping and our room is clean. I don’t know what this is, but it is quite annoying and I think it is affecting my sleep as well (since I can’t breathe).

The only thing that rids of it is a Benadryl prior to going to sleep.

Any thoughts? Been battling this for years.

Thank you.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Re: Unknown Allergy?

Hi GAAllergies,

Sorry to hear about your symptoms. Have you considered it could be house dust mites which can still be a problem in clean homes. Please find some information here from the NHS website here in the UK regarding dust mites.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/allergies/prevention/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Re: Unknown Allergy?

GAAllergies wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:43 pm
Hello,

I am 28, male, and live in Georgia (USA). I am absolutely fine during the day - I can breathe normal. When I go to bed, I can still breathe normal. When I wake up though, my nose is completely stuffed. I have to blow 4-5 times and it is solid yellow/green like an immune response. After that, a few blows of clear and I can breathe fine for the day. This only happens while I’m sleeping and our room is clean. I don’t know what this is, but it is quite annoying and I think it is affecting my sleep as well (since I can’t breathe).

The only thing that rids of it is a Benadryl prior to going to sleep.

Any thoughts? Been battling this for years.

Thank you.
It would seem the air of your room is causing this problem. I had the same problem in the past, until i opened the window. It could be breathing issues that stem from bad air, or it could be dust, or it could be fluids that the body produces while you are asleep. We have eye dust after sleeping. We also have fluids that form in the grafts of genitals when we wake up in the morning.

3 posts