Unknown allergy in skin above eyes

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
browncattie

by browncattie on Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:38 pm

Unknown allergy in skin above eyes

Hello! There is this frustrating allergy (or fungus infection, we don't know exactly what it is). It started about 2 and a half years ago, person in photo went to two doctors, one said it was dermatitis and the other said it was a fungus infection, both of them prescribed the same medication: fluconazole. If said medication is taken, it goes away for some time but comes back in cycles of about 6 to 6 months. First time person in photo had it, it was a bit redder (more of a red tone), but after many times it became whiter as in photo. Additional info: It does not hurt, it itches, IGE exam has shown normal values (they were not able to identify the cause by the IGE exam).
If you know what this condition might be, or any info regarding that (such as adequate treatment), we would be extremely grateful.
eyes.jpeg
eyes.jpeg (38.33 KiB) Viewed 11572 times

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:40 pm

Re: Unknown allergy in skin above eyes

It seems like to me that is a infection of some sorts. I think you may need some antibiotics. This is my opinion. Usually when an infection is starting to get itchier it is becoming worse, and growing. Its good to nip it in the bud. My little brother had something similar to you, he is healed now, he was given antibiotics. Perhaps you could try some cream in the meantime.

2 posts