Question about congestion

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
MustangMark83

by MustangMark83 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:44 pm

Question about congestion

I have an ENT doctor right now, but I suppose I am just looking for another opinion. My doctor wants me to have therapy, which would involved years worth of weekly injections, but I am wondering if there's another way.

So I've been tested for allergies because I am almost always congested. Mainly my right nasal passage. I can feel a lot of mucus moving around when I breathe, a lot of time it's constantly going down to the back of my throat and I'm swallowing it, gross I know. But when I try blowing my nose, it doesn't ever clear the mucus, because I'm stuffed up.

I tested on the "severe" level for mold, dust mites, roaches, weeds, grass, oak, etc. The only thing I wasn't allergic to is dogs and cats, which is good because I have always had animals.

I just wonder how severe my allergies could actually be, if I never sneeze, or have itchy/runny eyes, or break out into hives. The only thing I have is congestion.

I thought about just taking flonase nasal spray, or medication and not going thru with the therapy, but people say I might become immune to the medication after a few months, and I will be back to square one.

Does anyone have any additional advice besides having allergy therapy, or is that my only option to feel less congested?

Thank you!

grindwalter

by grindwalter on Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:51 pm

Re: Question about congestion

you have to ask your doctor about the nasal spray, do you have any meds prescription?

Stephanie90

by Stephanie90 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:51 pm

Nasal spray is an effective way to cure sneezing. It's from my personal opinion that I'm saying it is really effective. I was also highly allergic to dust and after I use nasal spray for 3 months, I feel a very good change in me. Use a nasal spray according to a doctors prescription and use it for atleast 3 months.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:05 pm

A nasal spray is a great idea. I'd go with it.

CharlieScott

by CharlieScott on Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:55 am

You can look into nasal irrigation. My nasal bone is slightly deviated, because of which I often had a blocked nose that started affecting my sinuses. My condition would get worse in winters due to the cold winds. I had to start checking the weather on apps like climacell before I went out. But nasal irrigation helped me a lot. I was quite apprehensive about the entire thing and tried several ways. But I think neti pot suited me the best. I am not sure if your doctor would approve of it, but I think it is worth trying out. BTW the effects are not immediate. You will have to wait a couple of weeks before you start to see results.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:20 pm

My doctor prescribed a nasal spray before, maybe you could ask your doctor about it

6 posts