Going on holiday

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
71pinkcat

by 71pinkcat on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Going on holiday

We would really like to take our 3 year old on holiday abroad. I always cook all his food due to his severe egg/ nut allergies and would welcome any advice from people who have taken their home prepared food away with them, if the hotel stored it in their freezer and if they were happy to heat it up. I am anxious as he is fussy with his food and generally will not try anything new which makes eating out very difficult- any advice would be really appreciated

Jimbob

by Jimbob on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Re: Going on holiday

We have been abroad twice when my ds was younger. We had a villa both times and cooked all his meals at the villa. We also took some safe snacks with us along with his special formula. It worked out quite well but he did have food and texture aversions back then so would only eat purees, crunchy foods like crackers and raisins. Due to this I was making purees at the villa which we could then easily have warmed up at restaurants but quite often he would have his meal at the villa and we would take some formula and a snack to restaurants, My ds was 18 months the first time we went away but looked about 9 months old as he is small for his age. The last time we went abroad was when he was 2. My ds is now 7 and is allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts, he enjoys his food now and I think going abroad now will be more difficult. We are thinking of trying it next year though but need to do some research first.

Kelly

chun.yi@mail.com

by chun.yi@mail.com on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:02 am

Re: Going on holiday

71pinkcat wrote:We would really like to take our 3 year old on holiday abroad. I always cook all his food due to his severe egg/ nut allergies and would welcome any advice from people who have taken their home prepared food away with them, if the hotel stored it in their freezer and if they were happy to heat it up. I am anxious as he is fussy with his food and generally will not try anything new which makes eating out very difficult- any advice would be really appreciated
:| experienced the same thing with my nephew. My in-law was away for a while and the challenge is really to make sure that everything he's eating will not cause his allergy. As for traveling, sure enough there will be hotels that can accommodate with such or there are villas/apartments you can rent out allowing you to still cook.

3 posts