Shell fish allergy sudden

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Carys pearshouse

by Carys pearshouse on Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:31 pm

Shell fish allergy sudden

Hi.I’ve always been able to eat shellfish (had a shop brought prawn sandwich about four months ago) on Sunday my husband brought me some fresh king prawns,I ate some of them and after going to bed I started to really itch all over.I woke up and the palms of my hands,legs were extremely itchy the next day.I had the remainder of the prawns in a salad that evening but my good god that night my whole body including the soles of my feet now were unbearably itchy clawed my self it seemed the only way to get it to feel better but ended in drawing blood.was itching every where by then!! A raised rash occurred with white spots or larger white patches occurred then.they did go down but was still itchy the next day also.I convinced myself I had scabies so went to the doctor she examined and couldn’t see any burrowing or signs on my skin but prescribed me some cream and anti histamines also.I’ve now used both so am unsure of which one worked!! Should I try prawns again in the safety of my own home to see if happens again?im 37 so if an allergy come on very late? Any one else experienced a later in life shellfish allergy? I didn’t say to the doctor as only just dawned on me they were the only thing I had different before hand

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:53 pm

Re: Shell fish allergy sudden

NO: don't try prawns again. You'll be in agony. You're allergic to shellfish, I'm afraid. There is no other explanation.

Allergies are tricky but you are definitely allergic to prawns and other shellfish. You'll simply have to avoid them at all costs.

2 posts