Hives or eczema? Pollen is killing me!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
argy0202

by argy0202 on Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:11 pm

Hives or eczema? Pollen is killing me!

Hi everybody, new here! I lived in uk from birth to my early 20's and always had skin issues related to eczema. I went away for 10 years and just had my first child back here two years ago, life is great but my skin issues have returned since coming back to the UK!

It's seasonal, the last days I have been out in the garden and now I'm covered in small spots, extremely itchy that I scratch during my sleep.

I will try adding some pics but wonder if it's hives or eczema. It only happens here and starts each year in spring.

Does it look like hives? What would you treat it with? Which antihistamine?

Thanks so much, I'd love to get this sorted once and for all!

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:41 pm

Re: Hives or eczema? Pollen is killing me!

I think you've got hives.

I got hives as a kid, from rolling directly on the grass. The pollen must've gotten into my skin and caused severe hives. It was incredibly itchy. I had camomile used on my skin and this greatly reduced the itching and soothed my skin.

Basically, don't get any grass or plant on your skin. Grass is full of pollen and you'll go crazy with the itching. Use camomile lotion on your skin and just be careful when out & about in the sun.

2 posts